Want fewer insurance denials, faster payments,
and accurate patient quotes?
As dental professionals we set our personal bar very high, always making our number one priority to exceed the standard of care. Lack of training is a dangerous way to do business – it can lead to financial and professional devastation. No matter the length of time team members may have been performing clinical or administrative duties, without proper training the practice and providers are at risk. Theresa Sheppard’s presentations provide the tools and systems necessary to become skilled in insurance billing practices, risk management and patient/practice protection.
Theresa’s passion for dentistry and love of teaching merged when she became the Owner and Director of Career Express Dental Assisting School, as well as being an instructor for the California Radiation Safety Course. Theresa is a Registered Dental Assistant with experience in all clinical and management aspects of the dental office. This, coupled with her extensive hands-on, front lines experience of over 35 years, uniquely qualifies her to train dental teams. Theresa utilizes experiential learning techniques and a workshop environment to ensure participants are empowered and able to implement the learning when returning to the office.
Professional Qualifications and Affiliations:
- Owner and Instructor of Career Express Dental Assisting School
- California Radiation Safety Course Instructor
- California Dental Board Continuing Education Provider
- Author, “Doctor, Who is Profiting From Your Practice?” and various industry publications
- Member of Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP)
- Member of American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA)
- Member of American Academy of Dental Office Managers (AADOM)
- Member of California Dental Association Allied Health Member (CDAAHM)
- Member of Speaking Consulting Network (SCN)
- Member of Directory of Dental Speakers (dds)
- Volunteer for the Troop Wellness Pre-Deployment Dental Screenings for the US Military